German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Sales Contract and Guarantee...Bit excessive?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
wolfy dog
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay88 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was looking at some breeders in Canada and a few looked interesting but I was a bit put off by some of their contracts and applications. One requested very personal information such as whether or not someone has mental illness in the home Another one had a contract that stated if you spayed/neutered the dog before 2 years, didn't feed it a raw diet (oh and keep those receipts to prove it ), not to use halti's unless the breeder tells you to, allow your dog to pull on the leash causing it to gag would void your warranty.

Now I do understand the need to place a dog in a good home and asking someone questions about their lifestyle, experience with GSDs, etc and ensuring the dog is not just left outside or fed poor food but this seems a bit over the top??? Or am I just being sensitive???
They should keep these dogs themselves if they do not trust anyone else. If I purchase a dog it should be mine and if the breeder doesn't trust me, well, there are more pups from other breeders. It sounds like some rescue contracts.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote