German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - has anyone encountered this?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
zyppi
Crowned Member

Default has anyone encountered this?

Sorry, this is sort of long.

Background.
Jack is 6 going on 7. Extremely mellow fellow. Always good with children and anyone we introduce him to.

The issue is three incidents occurring over the last 6 week.

first was one day when housekeeper, who he knows and likes, reached to give him the belly rub he was begging for (he rolls over to be petted on regular basis) As she went to pet him he growled and started up at her. Very atypical.

We chalked that off to ok, but strange.

then a few weeks ago, my children and their children were here all evening. All know and love Jack. As they were leaving - picture Jack all the way on the other side of the room - my son in law handed the baby her stuffed animal an suddenly Jack roared across the room stopping just shy of her face.

Last incident, Jack asks housekeeper again for a belly rub and as she started, he emitted a low growl so she wisely and calmly moved away. He then stood up and leaned against her for another pet but as she started to stroke his back he started growling again.'

I witnessed all three happenings.

I have felt all over him for tender spots etc... he's showing no other signs of illness.

Does anyone know of a medical or neurological condition that might cause this change? Have call in for vet.

only unusual history was a snake bite a few years ago that caused irreversible muscle damage to his right hind leg. Subsequently he limps but it doesn't cause pain.

Thanks for any feedback you might be able to provide.

Anne

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

zyppi is offline   Reply With Quote