German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - please help with pulling and other training aspects!!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
laniefly

Smile please help with pulling and other training aspects!!

Luna is a 2 ys old female. My husband is primarily the one who has trained her. He just got put on orders with the military for the next year.......so I am in charge of her care. I really want to work on some training/negative behaviors she has with me so things run smoothly.

1. she pulls me like crazy!!! She is close to 80 lbs and when I 1st go to take her outside she drags me along to get to where she wants to go. I have fallen before due to her pulling me as I try to get out the door. I work 12 hr shifts as a RN and my parents have offered to come let her out and walk her, but I declined b/c I am afraid she would hurt them by knocking them down and then she would get loose. I had a prong collar on her for a bit, but it really did not seem to make a difference.

2. Getting her to listen to me since my husband has been the primary trainer. She relates me to playing and feeding her...and basically ignores me when I give her a command. I would love to take her to the dog park and let her interact with other dogs, but I am nervous she will not listen to me and I wont be able to control her. She is not aggressive to people, but she barks loudly at other dogs and its been a while since we have gone. I have never taken her alone....my hubby was always there.

Anyways, tips /advice appreciated. My husband will be gone for a year so I would really like her to listen to me during that time lol. Simple training tips we can start working on would be great! She is super smart and LOVES her kong. That's the toy my husband used with training. Thanks!!!!!!