German Shepherds Forum banner

3 months old this week, he's lightened up a ton (:

845 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Madisonmj97 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
My little sable was all tan except for his mask and a diamond on his tail a month ago... Now he is mostly black with tan/red poking out everywhere! So much fun watching them transform. I look back at pictures of him a few weeks ago and it is like looking at a completely different dog.

#3 ·
He didn't have a mask but 2 of the other pups of the litter did! His mom was all tan with a mask and dad was red sable so I'm thinking he'll most likely stay this color, it's pretty cool because I've never had a GSD this particular color before!

#4 ·
Strange I wonder what color he is considered then.. I've never heard of a dog this color before, let alone owned one... I just assumed he was a sable because Oskar went through a similar tan period but I guess by three months he had darkened up quite a bit.

^A couple of weeks ago or so

^3 Months Old

^8 Weeks Old

#5 ·
They call them fawn colored... It has something to do with breeding a liver and blue sable and something about blocking out certain colors like mainly the black and the liver so it just turns out all tan. But that's just what I read about. I mean he might be sable but maybe not. It's pretty exciting to find out though, I kinda want him to stay this color cause it's so unique, ya know? When he was really little though he had that same color it's just mine seems more reddish tan then your did... Btw, your puppy's so cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.