German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - breakups and dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Buggibub
Master Member

Default breakups and dogs

Well after 3 years and 11 months of dating, Kristen and I have split up... not my choice, but long story short is she feels lost in life and needs to do some growing up and there is only so much I can do. I never proposed because I never felt like she was ready (even though she said she was), and everything that's come up now is EXACTLY why I haven't.

Anyway, the most devastating thing about all this is having to split the dogs up. I've had Buggi since before we were dating, so he obviously is going to stay with me, but I can't bear knowing that I won't get to have my little snuggle buddy Jackson anymore. She's moving back to her parent's in two months in NY, so I will keep him until then, but it's just so sad. I've told her anytime she flies back to Austin to visit friends, I'll pay for him to fly with her and I'd keep him for the weekends she travels here.

I just don't know how she can afford to keep the little stinker moving back to NY without a job and what not, and I adopted him FOR her, but part of me wants to keep him. He will have a bichon () to play with there, but it's hard to come to grips with it.

Life goes on, I'm okay with all of this, but like I said, the hardest part is after having that little brat for almost 3 years and training him and watching him grow into the awesome little 17 pounds of muscle that he is, it will just be me and the Bubs.

Haven't been on in a while, and I apologize for dumping this on everyone. Don't worry, I'm fine, just a bit sad.

It's funny, though, out of all of this, I'm most sad about splitting the boys up and losing the little annoying furball of a schnoodle.
Buggibub is offline   Reply With Quote