German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Why am I the only one that cares?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
pyratemom
Elite Member

I am outside the entire time my dog is in the yard. I do not let her continuously bark. "I see it - that's enough." is usually good to stop the barking. However, on two sides people have small high pitched barky dogs that they just let bark as long as they want to. I am inside my house with my air conditioner on and the window and doors closed and I can still hear them barking. Every once in a while my dog has enough and will bark towards the window. I usually just say " I know, I hear it too, enough." People with small dogs either do not realize how offensive that high pitched bark is or they aren't home and the dog is left alone. Either way, now that they opened a 30 dog boarding facility close to my house, I hear dogs barking all the time. It took me along time to get Raina to ignore the noise from there but the houses right across the street and next to my duplex are closer and she doesn't feel quite so comfortable with the squeaky barkers. I've tried talking to the owners - their opinion is "dogs bark so what." I have a feeling if I just let Raina bark as long as she wanted all day long they would have a different opinion of her barking.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote