German Shepherds Forum banner

New gsd owners here

777 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Chip18 
#1 ·
Hello, my names Robert. My wife Camille and I received a gsd puppy as a gift from our daughter three weeks ago.

We named her Kali. At this moment she's about four months old. She's listed on her papers half gsd and half Alaskan husky.

I've never had a dog and currently learning by reading everything I can! I hope to learn a lot here and hope my questions don't get annoying (don't worry, I know how to use search! (Lol)

#8 ·
Sort of.

We'd been looking for something a few months. My daughter got a husky from a rescue that was beautiful. They were helping us look, but we needed a pup because we have two cats. They happened to go back to the shelter to show how happy their dog was and thank the shelter, and there were these two pups that just arrived. Knowing we wanted a certain breed...husky, German shepherd, Doberman, Rottweiler, etc....and this pup was listed gsd/husky. Our daughter and her husband got her for us as a late Christmas/early birthday present.

Thanks for saying she's beautiful. It comes in handy when she tries to eat the house!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.