German Shepherds Forum banner

Trainer in Michigan

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  pyratemom 
#1 ·
Was curious if anyone here has had any experiences with "K9 Training" in Auburn, Michigan. The trainer's name is John Sampson. Thanks!

#2 ·
Not familiar....what kind of training goals do you have? There are some great clubs around. If you want to do more than basic obedience, I'd recommend visiting a few clubs and see where you'd enjoy training.

#3 ·
Not quite sure what part of MI that Auburn is in but there are trainers in Stevensville. What kind of training are you getting in to?

#6 ·
Unfortunately I do not remember the name. I was visiting my mother in the area I grew up near and noticed the new (to me anyway) training place on Red Arrow Highway. I got excited when I saw it because they were doing some puppy class it looked like and there were so many GSD pups I just had to stop and watch for a little while. They had a separate agility field and some other K9 type equipment (the straight up board fence to climb over, the tents to hide suspects in, etc) set up in a separate fenced area too. Since I live in Florida now and hadn't been to the area in 20 years it has changed a lot. Sorry for the non-information.

#5 ·
The local Kennel Club would be utilized for puppy classes (great for socializing), as well as obedience. But am also interested in Personal Protection, which K9 training offers. I don't want to have to drive a ton for training (I am aware that most people have to deal with this), and that is why I am asking about John Sampson...due to the fact that Auburn, Michigan is about 30 minutes away.

Technically, still researching breeders, so I am not in a big rush for info...but decided to start researching the situation now.

#8 ·
I still recommend visiting some clubs(that way you can also see the different lines of dogs working, make contacts with trainers and see what you really like or don't like) There are some great events/trials in the summer months, I'd take advantage and attend some.
The Alpha Team Challenge

United Schutzhund Clubs of America ? Region/Events

If you are on facebook, there are a couple pages to join. I'd also ask there about this trainer.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/109903339084373/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/easternk9/?fref=ts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.