German Shepherds Forum banner

Clumsy pups!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  wyoung2153 
#1 ·
Anyone else have a dog that is just down right clumsy? Titan's only "issue" is he hitws his head on things ALL THE TIME. He acts liek nothing happens. Just the other day he was way too excited to go outside and play and ran right into the doggy door frame.. didn't bat an eye.. redirected and waiting for me with his ball. Cracks me up, but I feel like he would be hurt, or maybe he's desensitized himself? This happens on a daily basis with just random things.. walls, tables, doors, fences, anything in his way.. I swear he doesn't feel pain sometimes.

Anyone else have pups that are just too clumsy for their own good?

#2 ·
Lucky is a true clutz . He as a puppy would trip on his paws coming down stairs and would just jump and his landings were never a strong finish. Lucky would hit his head on the coffee table in our family room when trying to turn around or on the wall in our hallways . You get the picture.It got better as he got older and at 12 he moves slower which seems to allow him more time to decide how to get around barriers.We try to have wide open spaces for him.

#3 ·
Oh and so sorry for all lthe typos in my first post... definitely didn't reread it before I posted it. Lol

Anways! How funny! same for Titan, I try to not get him amped inside but it doesn't matter, at one point or another, he hits his head. We have an ottoman now instead of a coffee table and that has helped tremendously, but still. lol.

#4 ·
Lycan is a Klutz. Of Course, he's also blind, but he's still a klutz. If there is a pail of dirty mop water to be blundered into he'll find it, even if it's in a far distant corner, covered by a box. Of course, it just makes him that much more lovable

Jelpy

#5 ·
Up until a couple of weeks ago Rebell's front paws were so big he used to trip over them and fall flat on his face, kind of funny he'd blow it off like nothing happened and go on his merry way. Finally hitting 4.5 months and over 50 lbs. he has gotten a lot less klutzy.

#9 ·
All of the above... or below I should say. My favorite thing Gunther did was the battle of the branches. He has a habit of ripping branches off of the trees and bushes and runs around the yard quite proud of himself. One day I was watching this through the window and noticed he had a nice sized pile growing. As I watched, he attacked one branch when his butt backed into another one. He dropped the first one and jumped about 2 feet, spinning around to find the enemy that attacked him. As he spun around, the one he dropped brushed his leg, causing him to do a complete 360. You see where this is going. After about 1 minute of spinning in circles looking for his attacker he picked up another branch and ran off.

#10 ·
Gypsy gets so excited sometimes that she bonks her head into the corners of walls. She just keeps on going though like nothing happened.

#11 ·
Hahaha.. good to know Titan isn't the only one! Titan will get so excited when we play with the soccer ball.. I have had to train him to sit at my side while I kick it because if I don't he will get so excited and as soon as my leg goes back to kick, he'll run right in front of the ball and I can't count the number of times (before training) That he got a soccer ball to the face... *shakes head*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.