German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Grapes ?!?!?!?
Thread: Grapes ?!?!?!?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Oisin's Aoire
Senior Member
Oisin's Aoire's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 478
Grapes ?!?!?!?

I have been down with "the" flu since Friday. Found out last night throug casual conversation that while I was in a fog my dog got into a bowl full of grapes that was left on the coffee table and ate most of them. So my mom , who was here helping , gave him some more since he loved them and they are sooo healthy

I called the vet and they said if they were going to be an issue they would have by runs , no ill effects , no vomiting..he is peeing like a racehorse as per usual. Absolutely nothing even off about him .

The vet said only some dogs are effected by grapes and they are not sure why? I thought they were fatal. I do not keep grapes or raisins in the house for that reason ( my mom did shopping for me and bought them for my son who loves fruit even more than any kind of candy).

Reading up on it I see that only 1/3 of dogs who eat grapes will have an issue and that is only documented from 1989 and on? Weird. They think it is a reaction to a fungus or pesticide maybe?

In any event I wont be testing it again and will put a list of no no foods on the fridge for dogs next time I am incapacitated .

Alvin - GSD - born @ late February 2013
Bo - Boxer/Hound - born @ late June 2008
Greta - English Mastiff - born somewhere between 2003 and 2005 ,estimated.
Oisin's Aoire is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome