German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello from Canada ... meet Scout!

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  graciesmom 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just decided to join today - I'm a first time GSD owner (my husband on the other hand has grown up with German Shepherds his entire life)!
This is our puppy Scout that we got when she was 8 weeks old; she's now 17 weeks and quite the handful :D
So glad to have this forum to look to for help/support/answers!

Kerri

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
:welcome: from Ottawa :)

#6 ·
Welcome from K-W! Scout looks super cute, tell us more!

#12 ·
Thanks everyone!

More about her:
She's not from a breeder so she's not registered/titled/etc ... both parents were GSD's but she's more of what we'd call a "whoopsy-daisy" (definitely not a backyard breeder though!).
I've been feeding her Orijen LB Puppy 3x/day which she LOVES and is currently 36 lbs - I do get asked "why is she so skinny?" all of the time :mad: but I swear she eats like a horse!
She is VERY food motivated and has learned sit/down/come/stay/roll-over/off/kisses/find-it and walks very well on & off leash (I know that may change as she gets older and bolder but it's something we work on A LOT since we don't have a fenced in yard).
I've also been taking her to Petsmart puppy classes - mostly for myself so that I can learn the basics but also so that she can socialize a little more.

I'd love to check out a Schutzhund club so if any other Canadians have suggestions on where to go or have some advice on getting started I'd really appreciate it :)

#13 ·
I do get asked "why is she so skinny?" all of the time :mad: but I swear she eats like a horse!
She looks like a perfect weight. Consider the source, that person must be looking at fat dogs!

I have a 14 month old female, she is skinny because she's a teenager, hasn't gown into her ears yet LOL. My male is fat. I hurt my neck, we had to cut way back on exercise for a couple months. He was eating too much and we're working on him not being so fat. When they're out together, skinny chick and tubby, it's always her 'why's she so thin'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.