German Shepherds Forum banner

Researching breeders, any experience with these

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  gsdsar 
#1 ·
Before I list the breeders, let me explain.. My current pup, Bane is doing great. Before getting Bane, it was my plan to eventually have 2 GSD. Spaced out about 2 years apart or longer if needed. No way I could handle 2 pups at the same time. Not until Bane is solid in obedience will I purchase another one.

Here is a short list, let me know if you have any feedback regarding them.

1) Policedogs.us
2) altebaumkennel.com
3) norrisk9.com
4) daelenberghutte.be
5) vombanachk9.com
6) Sportwaffen

#3 ·
I have several friends that have imported dogs from Rinus (#4) and while some have had minor to major health issues, all seemed happy with their dogs with regard to the temperament and drive levels that were requested and the process seemed very smooth and fairly priced for an import. I think he has a good reputation and would be a breeder I'd look at when/if I'm in the market.

#16 ·
I am overall happy with my dog. He has very stable temperament, great off switch, easy to train, picks up things super quick.

Not a super high ball drive. He enjoys the run after the ball bit, but gets bored with the bringing it back. He is still fairly young, 14 mo. We have been tracking since baby days, he is an amazing tracker.

Just started bite work. Doing very well. Slow to mature, achingly so.

Not gonna be a podium dog. But a nice all around dog. Lots of potential. From what I know of his littermates, 2 have great ball drive. So he may be the anamoly. One brother is training with a PD(I think) another is also doing IPO, and doing very well.

Julie was easy to deal with. Her contract is tough. I live far from her, so she picked my pup. I am, like I said, very happy with him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.