German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Found myself taking a break...
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
wyoung2153
Knighted Member

Default Found myself taking a break...

Well.. it looks like I have decided to pause training for Titan and I. Since his incident.. Was this Aggression, and/or is it fixable? (moved from Gen Info) I have found a lot of joy in just doing one on one training in my yard or the field by my house. I also, have lost some confidence in him since that day. Mostly I don't have an issue, but there's a small nervousness with him off lead, regardless of what the trainer said. I need to get through that first. I also think I got burnt out.. it's an hour and a half drive and took up almost my whole day. Which was fine for some time.. but after I while it started to seem more like a chore.. the getting out there part. Being there at training was so much fun and I loved every minute of it.. but then the dreaded drive back. I started to find myself not looking forward to training days.. and I hated that feeling.

I still go every few weeks to help the team and continue to learn myself, because I really do want to continue training one day and get certified. I just don't know if right now is that time.

Not sure what I'm wanting out of you guys.. but felt like sharing with the SAR community here. Thanks for reading

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote