German Shepherds Forum banner

Getting Ares to reconize her name

714 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Serbrider 
#1 ·
hey there, i was wondering are there any tips to get my pup to reconize her name, everytime i talk to her i call her ares all the time, when i praise her for doing something almost all the time,but when she is playing and i want her to chill out or just pay attention to me she dont even lift an ear, i dont think she even knows her name, so im wondering are there any tips to help with this?

#7 ·
Not necessarily too early... but don't expect miracles overnight. Keep it simple. Getting her to recognize that her name means good things is good. Don't just go calling her name around... you want her to pay attention when you say it (I've already messed this up with my pup and am now working to fix it, so better to get it right from the beginning).

Name = treat.
Name + Attention = treat and loving and more treat
Name + Attention + Coming to You = she won the jackpot, several treats, lots of loving, make it so that because she did that, the world is wonderful and amazing and everything is about her

:p

At this age it is easier, since she can't go very far away... :p But again, don't expect her to be able to do a million things all at once. Just take it slow, and make everything good and positive and confidence building. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.