German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - WGSL Breeder in KY, TN or surrounding areas
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
cards*fan

Default WGSL Breeder in KY, TN or surrounding areas

I am new to the board. I live in Louisville, KY and am looking for a reputable breeder within a 5 to 6 hour drive. I have had 2 American Show lines in the past who were riddled with temperament and health problems. My last dog, Ben, had EPI, severe skin allergies and perianal fistulas. He was a nervous, aggressive and unpredictable dog as well. So, most important to me is a breeder who cares about the health and temperament of their dogs! I think I would prefer WGSL because the temperament would be more laidback than a working dog and also we prefer the looks of the showlines but that is less of a consideration than temperament. The dog would primarily be a companion to my family which includes two children (7 and 11). But I would also like to get the dog involved in obedience at a young age as well as agility or rally when he is older. After reading many posts by others on the boards, I am considering Drache Feld, Alta-Tollhaus and Sequoyah as a possibility but don't know if these dogs would be too active for our lifestyle. Anyone have any suggestions or other recommendations?
cards*fan is offline   Reply With Quote