German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - H2o2 (how long until pumpkin helps with diarrhea?)
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
LoveDogs

Default H2o2 (how long until pumpkin helps with diarrhea?)

Well, on Saturday my puppy decided that a pump hairspray bottle was a toy after my cat knocked it off the shelf. I was in the shower and the puppy was in the bathroom with me (the cat too of course). I got out of the shower and seen Geist chewing on the bottle and the top part was gone. The bottle wasn't opened just that little knobby part was gone. So I call the vet, she stated to give hydrogen peroxide (5mL/10 pounds). Vomiting was induced and the spray part wasn't in his emesis. I called the vet again and she said, since it's plastic it won't show on X-Ray, keep an eye on him and if his behavior changes to call a specific phone number she gave me. No behavior change happened and I kept listening for bowel sounds with my stethoscope through the day and on Sunday night the puppy brought me the little plastic thing I thought he ate.
Since Saturday, Geist has had diarrhea. He's drinking very well and is very playful so I'm not too overly concerned about dehydration at this point but I did give him 1 TBS pumpkin this morning to help perhaps stop the diarrhea. I went to the vet this AM to have the vet check him out and she thinks he's doing fine.
Now, I know too much of a good thing can cause the opposite effect so I want to refrain from doing it, but how long does it take for pumpkin to regulate his system? Should I do another dose in the evening? He's a bit over 10 weeks old right now.

Geist- White German Shepherd- 1/2014

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 03-25-2014 at 02:42 PM.
LoveDogs is offline   Reply With Quote