German Shepherds Forum banner

Is this puppy purebred?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  stmcfred 
#1 ·
Hello guys! I've browsed these forums for a while but never posted until now.

I am seriously considering purchasing a solid black male german shepherd puppy, and I wanted to see if you guys think he looks purebred. He is seven weeks old right now.

Thanks for your time :)

(I think I was able to post the pictures but I'm not 100% sure... Lol)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I dunno, maybe. I have a black and something looks a little off to how her brothers looked at that age.

Some things to consider: he's 7 weeks old. Too early to be away from his mother and litter mates. They learn all kinds of things about dog hierarchy and social behavior from their mother and littermates at that age. Not having this time can cause problems later on.

Also, why does this guy want to sell him? Didn't he just buy him or has he had him for a week and decided it's not going to work out? Red flag and goes back to being taken from his litter too young.

If you like the puppy, take him, he sure is cute.

Oh and if you're thinking the white spot on the chest means he's not pure, black gsds often have a white blaze as babies. My Venus had like 5 white hairs at 8 weeks and they disappeared. One of her brothers had a blaze about that size and it's completely gone.

#5 ·
Thanks so much for your replies! I really like the puppy, I just don't want to pay the money if he isn't purebred. And I didn't know that about the white blaze, thanks! And yeah I was told the guy has had him for two weeks, which would mean he was taken from his litter at 5 weeks... Kind of a scary thought!

#6 ·
Why doesn't he want him after 2 weeks? 2 weeks with all my pups and I was done, in love, this puppy is part of the family now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.