German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Lack of secure attachment
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam_the_man

Default Lack of secure attachment

Hey everybody,

I have a one year old GSD. I've raised him since 8 weeks and did all the research associated with being a first time GSD owner. Came from a reputable breeder. Met hundreds of people, dogs, places and things from an early age. Everything was done positively, happily and using reward based training. We're progressing good in nose work and exercise 1-2 times a day depending on weather.

With all the being said my problem is a lack of attachment. He seems indifferent to being around me even though I love being with him. He is protective over the house but could really care less about me. I know more goes into the come and recall command but he almost never comes to me when called. (Not my real problem just an example) Every other gsd I've known and seen have very solid attachments with their owner, and I'm confused why we don't have one as well.

This is really my only complaint about Kobe he's a sweet friendly dog but I was just curious if anyone has had similar issues ? And also what I can do differently to strengthen the bond ?

Thanks for your time

Hopefully someone can help strengthen my bond with my awesome GSD, Kobe
Attached Thumbnails
Lack of secure attachment-image.jpg  
Sam_the_man is offline   Reply With Quote