German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is my dog what I was told he is?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
sechattin

Honestly I would hope he's not a wolf mix at all. I volunteered at a wolf sanctuary for four years and we took in a number of low to high content wolf mixes. Even many of the low contents were insanely difficult to handle. Most of the actual wolf hybrids I saw people take in were given up to us because they just couldn't live in a household for various reasons (severe anxieties, dog aggression, human aggression, danger to children, escape artists, incredibly destructive). The only man I ever saw that was able to safely take care of his hybrids built an enclosure in his five acre backyard and poured a ridiculous amount of money into landscaping it into a really great stimulating environment for the two hybrids he had. They're a huge responsibility and a lot of people don't realize that they are nothing like regular dogs. Anyways you've got a great looking pup, looking forward to seeing more pictures as he grows up!
sechattin is offline   Reply With Quote