German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Issues with housetraining, destroying crate/separation anxiety?... Please help!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
llombardo
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdsar View Post
I really feel like I know this story, maybe the original owner is on this board? I know I read somewhere a person giving up a GSD cause the Aussie had a litter and fights were breaking out. Weird.

Either way, yes, she is in a hugely stressful state if flux. Her anxiety is high, she has no idea what happening.

Start by getting her used to her crate again. Just like you did tonight. I would move the crate though, to a more heavily trafficked area. GSD want to be with people. She probably feels very isolated and scared alone in the basement. No matter how nice it is.

Lots and lots of excersise. A tired dog is a good dog. I would also sign up for classes. It's a great way to bond and make her feel more secure in her new home.

Thank you for taking her in and doing your best.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I thought the same thing, I read this somewhere too can you put her in the kitchen with a gate? Everything sounds like stress and anxiety. She just needs to feel like she belongs somewhere.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote