German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have any renting and car experience?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
wyoung2153
Knighted Member

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have to move out or you shouldn't leave. Because as others stated.. it's really going to come down to you and what you know is right for you.. btu I can give my opinion. In my experience, moving away from home might actually help with your people skills.. and staying home may only deepen that fear. I also think that it is so unfortunate that your first move went the way it did. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Just know that not everyone is that way. and if you decide to move it might actually be a good thing to introduce yourself to your neighbors. If not only to let them know you are are a nice person and not a sketchy character, though keeping to yourself wouldn't be a bad idea either, it really is up to you and your comfort level. I think when you have had a bad experience it tends to stick with you and that's why you are unsure of yourself right now. The first time I lived on my own was in Germany.. military moved me there for my first station. I was scared outa my mind. I was 18 and not ready for that.. it put me in a situation where I had to decide to be uncomfortable the entire time and not talk to anyone outside my home, or get the courage to go out, walk around, take Titan places, wave to my neighbors, etc. It was the best experience I ever had. IT set the tone for how I want to be at every new place I move, because it's a lot. Now my situation is very different because I had no choice but I wanted you to know that I struggled too and once you find a good place, it really is an incredible growing experience.

On the other side. Staying home may be beneficial too as someone stated, where you can learn to be more social and unafraid of being ridiculed. It may set the foundation for confidence in your future home.

As for the car.. I'm sorry but I don't have experience with that.

Mind me asking how old you are and if you will be bringing you dog?

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is online now   Reply With Quote