German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have any renting and car experience?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
robk
Knighted Member

I cannot give you advice on your living situation. Only you know whether moving would be add value to your life. I can offer you some inside information on the car business. I have been in the car business in various forms for most of my career. You can pretty much always assume that every car being sold at a public auction has something wrong with it. The auctions protect the sellers as they are a clearing house and act as mediator for the transaction. If the car was in good running shape or had a minor problem that could be inexpensively repaired the seller (mostly independent car dealers) would retail it them selves. There is also a draw back to buying a car from a private party. The draw back there is that you get no warranty if there are problems down the road. However, I would take my chances with the private party over the public auction because you can take the car to your own mechanic to have it checked out prior to making a final commitment. You cannot do that if you buy through the auction.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote