German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - NuriScan Results...Sigh
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kaimeju
Master Member

I am not that familiar with how the Nutriscan test works, but I am curious as to how the results are interpreted. When I had a human allergy test (which I realize is different from a dietary sensitivity), I turned out to be sensitive to a lot of things I had no idea were problematic. But they didn't cause symptoms. It was explained to me that there really were only a few allergens I needed to avoid. The chart at the bottom of her results says that a weak reaction means "clinical significance unclear." To me that would indicate that she may not experience symptoms at all when being fed those foods, and they would seem to be good candidates to introduce after an elimination diet.

I see that duck, lamb, and beef seem to be okay. Is your vet recommending an elimination diet now? You could ostensibly do that with one of those proteins. They make supplements for balancing a single protein diet (haven't tried them, but they exist). Also it seems unlikely to me that she would develop a severe imbalance on a temporary elimination diet.

I hope this is some encouragement. I am not an expert about any of this stuff, but I find myself going to the doctor and the vet's office an awful lot so I can sympathize!