German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hello from North Dakota!
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
JM_doggy

Default Hello from North Dakota!

Hi, my name is Jeanne and my hubby and I just brought home our first GSD, Bella.

I found this forum this evening and think I will have a long night of reading ahead of me! There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here and I can't wait to learn from you all!

I grew up with some GSD crosses and have loved them ever since. Hubby and I had a lab/ golden cross we just lost and have a border collie that is also getting a bit older. We have been waiting for about a year for our Bella as the breeders held off on a breeding with these two parents for a few months, but finally we brought her home at 8 weeks last Friday.

Wow, is she so much different than I remember our crosses growing up! And definitely nothing like our other two dogs as puppies (while I knew it would be slightly different, wasn't expecting so much mouthiness!). Thanks to my reading on the forum tonight, I realize, thank goodness, she is normal! She scored really well on the breeders aptitude tests so I was slightly worried in the beginning!

We are looking forward to training and seeing how we all progress! If ever we really feel out of our element, we have a reputable trainer to contact, so am thankful for that.

She is growing quickly, so in these pictures, even only taken a week ago, she seems so much smaller than now. Will take more hopefully tomorrow.

I look forward to reading and learning all I can for this wild ride we are about to take!

Hello from North Dakota!-imageuploadedbypg-free1395373540.685178.jpgHello from North Dakota!-imageuploadedbypg-free1395373555.161651.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Numerous farm cats, horses, goats...
JM_doggy is offline   Reply With Quote