German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Garlic... all these years...
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 10:29 PM
jocoyn
Zombie Queen Moderator

Too much of a lot of things is bad for you.
The articles on the Springtime page are from peer reviewed journals.
I did my research and do annual blood panels

This was a thread I started last year. A lot of discussion on research and personal experience. I should be doing blood panels again in late April/early May

My no chem garlic preventive journey

Anecdotally, I was very impressed. I live in tick central. For reference we trained in a teammates wooded area. His dog has a scalibor collar. He pulls off 4-5 ticks a day. My dog had a thorough tick check that night, then for 2 days after. No ticks. He did pick up a few along the summer. Four total. Last summer was a bad tick year, FWIW.

The main issue I saw was soft stools, so I am backing up this year.
Obvoiusly it is a tough but a lot of things are tough choices. I am not convinced these flea and tick chemicals are safe for our dogs either.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Air Scent Dog in Training
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome