German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Unsure
Thread: Unsure
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
critterlady

Default Unsure

My GSD, Zeus, will 12 weeks old this Saturday, I brought him home quite early, 5 weeks old, he was living in very bad conditions and I thought I was rescuing him, now I'm not sure I did the right thing. I have religiously followed training techniques from a german shepherd training guide I got from a GSD group, for the most part they are working quite well, he sits, lays down, doesn't jump up on people and is doing very well with his leash training, the problem I am having is he sometimes shows aggression, sometimes if I have to pick him up he growls and even tries to snap at me, when he does this I give a low, almost growl like, "ah ah", this is what the training guide said should be done, he has even started this growling when I try to pet him sometimes. The other thing that worries me is that he seems to act like a loner, he sleeps behind our recliner or in his kennel, sometimes when we attempt to pet him he walks away like he wants nothing to do with us, is this normal for his age or am I right to be worried? I'm wondering if I need to change something I'm doing. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
critterlady is offline   Reply With Quote