German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Another crate accident.
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Okin

How old is your pup? Some dogs are very stubborn and this takes a long time to train. It can make you insane but do your best not to get mad at the puppy. If it was me I would take him out as often as I can until he does pee outside and you see it then throw a party like he just won the lotto! I think it helps if you take them to the same area to pee every time. Make sure you get a cleaner with enzymes to remove the pee smell from the crate. I don't know for sure if it would help but if it is a plastic crate you could try dumping the pee from the crate outside where you expect him to go. Once a dog goes in a certain area they associate that with the place to pee if that smell is around. I had similar issues with my girl, if you have patience and are really positive when they go outside eventually it just clicks with them that this is the correct spot. Then it is just a matter of being vigilant with cleaning up any spots inside with a good cleaner. I also suggest if you see them start to pee inside take them right outside to the spot where you want them to pee. Also a key word for when you want them to go helps like potty or whatever.