German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Stem Cells - Degenerative Myelopathy
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
jamesthompson1025

Default Stem Cells - Degenerative Myelopathy

I have read many differing opinions about whether or not stem cells can be effective in treating Degenerative Myelopathy in dogs and I want share my findings as they become available. I have a 8 year old female German shepherd named Princess who has been suffering from DM for approximately 4-5 months. Over the past 30 days Princess has been under the care of Dr. Mike Smith at Clairmont Animal Hospital in Decatur, GA. Princess has undergone various x-rays, an MRI at the UGA vet teaching hospital as well as genetic testing which showed that she is a carrier of the defective gene that causes DM. On Monday 3/24 Princess will return for the surgery to obtain fat cells to be used in synthesizing the stem cells. On Wednesday 3/26 she will be given the first round of stem cell treatment. If anyone would like more information please contact me. Stem Cells - Degenerative Myelopathy-imageuploadedbypg-free1395198946.108092.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
jamesthompson1025 is offline   Reply With Quote