German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Agressiveness while in a group
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
KönigLeupold

Selzer, that's so funny that you commented because I was just reading a post about intact males and ran across/liked your comments about keeping the pups intact and remaining a responsible dog owner to prevent breeding. My boyfriend and I are debating leaving Leo intact but I am doing a lot of research.

I wish we had more pups so that we could stay in our decent yard and play - this weekend I tried to talk my boyfriend into a blind 3 year GSD female that I found on a rescue page, before hearing from her foster mom that she has aggressiveness issues and severe separation anxiety - which causes her to escape kennels and literally chew through doors. We currently rent a house and even though the landlords trust our dog and house keeping abilities, I worry that two dogs is just too much for now.

Thanks for the suggestion though to maybe just keep him away from the park. While I feel like it has done him so good up until now, maybe it's just too much for him until he grows up a bit. We also run in a really nice urban forest sometimes and that allows him free reign with only a few other dogs that we happen upon, individually, which is always a pleasant experience.

KönigLeupold is offline   Reply With Quote