German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 9 month old GSD play biting too hard
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
jafarris69

Default 9 month old GSD play biting too hard

hey all, i am new here and seeking some advice. I have a 9 month old sweet boy named Sampson - Sam for short. He has been in our family since he was 5 months old and he's such a sweet boy and learning so well. However his "puppy biting" is getting a bit out of control. We have been trying to work with him on this issue and have tried the yelping and ignoring and giving him a toy or bone....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But last night after i had told him no, gave him his toy and i laid on the couch....he turned around and nipped at my arm - hard enough to hurt. And then right after that, my mother in law walked in the house and when he greeted her he nipped at her arm as well - and to clarify, he is not growling or showing any form of aggression here....it seems to be all in playfulness. So we do not know what to do.....we are going to increase his excercise and play time, but I am writing on here today hoping for any other ideas and/or advice I can find. thanks
jafarris69 is offline   Reply With Quote