German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy Training my husband
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ellimaybel
Master Member

Default Puppy Training my husband

My GSD is a 8 month old black male named Gunther. I have no behavioral problems with him, however my husband has a big one. My husband can not walk freely around the house without Gunther wanting to play bite his ankles. My husband says "stop" a few times and then gets extremely angry and yells at Gunther who then runs off looking confused. I do not have this happen to me on the level my husband does. On the rare time Gunther does want to get in my way I stop walking and order him away and he walks off and finds a toy.

I believe the issues lie in the fact that my husband only plays games that involve chasing, stomping his feet, and wrestling with Gunther. My husband has not done any training with Gunther. I play by hiding treats or myself around the house and having him come find me. I do also wrestle and play tug of war with Gunther but never is any part of my body an option for play. Every trick that Gunther knows has been taught by me. I have tried explaining to my husband that the pup attacks his feet because that is one of the ways that they play. My husband states (and I think truly believes) that they were not playing that way at the moment, therefore Gunther should know better.

I really would just like to hear if anyone has any advice on how to make this issue go away. I am getting sick of seeing Gunther get yelled at for something I believe is not his fault.
Ellimaybel is offline   Reply With Quote