German Shepherds Forum banner

Pedigree gurus (Researching future pup)

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Jmoore728 
#1 ·
Chash vom Beerenhof

Females to be paired with above male
---- SG Brenda Lukrecie

---- VuSassi von Schraderhaus

The above male with either of these females...Which one do you like better? I know there is some of you pedigree gurus out there....This will be for SchH type work, possibly advanced protection work....Just researching and trying to gain some insight.

#8 ·
You have a really nice pup. Why don't you just focus on taking him as far as you can? He might turn out to be a great IPO dog if you give him a chance. I did the same thing you are doing when I got my male. I spent tons of time looking at other breedings but as my dog developed I began to realize that I already had a great IPO prospect.

#10 ·
It will be a long while before I get another dog. Bane is doing great...I'm just trying to get familiar with breeders, their dogs, etc... If I did get another one, it would be when Bane is at least close to 2 years old or older...If at all....I wouldn't be able to handle it right now...Too much going on at my house. Plus, I still have much more learning to do. :)

#9 ·
One of the biggest problems in the breed in this country is that people buy dogs and breed them together. Period. They own the dogs, so they breed them.

For your goals, the male is probably not the best cross for the females. For producing nice average companion dogs, the DDR seem to be very popular....for working dogs, I personally like some DDR in the mix...but not 3/4 of the pedigree...the DDR x Czech may be a decent combo...but if you want to produce good working dogs then prove the dogs first, breed the females to proven producers, looking at those pedigees with an eye to the future to cross back to the male if that is your goal, keep back females and title them before you use this male....by the time you have done this, you will be in a better position to understand if the male is complementary and compensatory to the females.

I made one male Sch3 KKL etc, and never had a litter from him, I finally have had a litter where I think I want to use a male - and purchased a puppy from Europe with an eye to using her with a homebred male....after about 15 years in the breed.

Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.