German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Food Aggression
Thread: Food Aggression
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Oskar's Human

Default Food Aggression

I plan on asking my trainer about this on Monday but was wondering if you folks might have some advice to go by until then.

Tonight when I got home from work my puppy was fed by me like normal. He still had his leash on and while he was eating when I went to unlatch him he growled at me. When my boyfriend tried the same thing he didn't growl at him.

In fact, my boyfriend picked up the bowl while the dog was eating it but when I moved my hand toward the bowl Oskar growled again.

This is weird and new and I don't like it. Honestly it hurts my feelings in a weird probably immature way.

Note: I feed him just as often as my boyfriend and do on average probably more training sessions. It might be important to add that usually I feed him lunch and sometimes breakfast during said training sessions. He takes his kibble from my hand no problem. Also he had a combined breakfast/lunch today (by hand during training) due to an early vet appointment (we cannot feed before because he gets carsick and will throw it all up even on a ten minute drive) and might've been/felt hungrier than normal (because it was out of the bowl? ...maybe?) but I don't think that is a solid excuse for this behavior by any means.
Oh yeah & Three Fat Cats
Oskar's Human is offline   Reply With Quote