German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Greetings from OR (1st time GSD owner)
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
April Dawn

Default Greetings from OR (1st time GSD owner)

Hello....I am a new member to this site and would like to introduce myself and my baby, MALAKAI...My name is April and reside on the beautiful Oregon Coast. 8 months ago my boyfriend and I were in search for either a Siberian Husky or German Shepherd puppy and came across our Malakai on Craig's List and fell in love almost instant. We were a little skeptical at first due to him being a cross breed of German Shepherd and Siberian Husky so we went to visit him and that was all it took; it was love at first sight! Malakai is now 10 months old and oh boy what a handful he is! He is a very very smart dog and trains very easily however he is very dominating and tries to be the ALPHA all the time but my boyfriend tells him otherwise He has this issue with NOT wanting to listen to me at all! UGH! It has been quite the adventure with teaching him "NO" and to "CALM" down LOL. Malakai is very hyper. The vet informed my boyfriend that he needs a lot of socialization and obedience due to him lunging at them while trying to get him sedated for his being neutered. I told them what do you expect; we bring him to a place that he does not know and have to rush him in a room and just leave him with strangers and being scared and nervous already! (They didn't like that comment) He needs LOTS of exercise for sure and we do our best to take him to the beach almost every day to allow him to run...we can actually release him from his leash (when no one is around) and he will obey our every command! For the most part Malakai resembles the GSD very much however he has the one blue eye and is very very vocal like the Husky dog. We love our boy!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from OR (1st time GSD owner)-gorgeous.jpg   Greetings from OR (1st time GSD owner)-love.jpg  
April Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote