German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Finally, tomorrow is the day!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tattersail

Default Finally, tomorrow is the day!

So, after our arduous journey to find a breeder we are finally bringing our girl home tomorrow! She'll be 9 weeks and looks like an absolute joy.

It was funny how it all worked out, as we were going to be putting a deposit on a litter that was born last week, however the day we were going to mail it out, we got a call from the breeder telling us some sad news, that she had lost her entire litter (9 pups) 3 days after they were born. After talking with her some more and sending my condolences, we started our search anew.

The following night, another breeder got back to me asking me if I was still looking for a pup as she had one available from the litter I had been interested in. She told me that it was kind of a fluke that she became available as it was only because one of the people that came in wanting a smooth changed their mind and decided to go with a plush, and two others decided they wanted different pups than they had originally chosen. We were getting ready to having to wait until mid/late summer before getting a pup, but things just kind of fell into place!

So without further ado here is our newest addition, Raven (Shiloh Shepherd).

As an aside question... she'll be getting her second shots early next week, so my question would be, do you think it would be ok to bring her to puppy social classes? Or should I wait until all of her shots have been completed. There is one training place that we found that has good reviews, seems knowledgeable and I spoke with them and their social/training classes start at 9/10 weeks and only allow up to 16 weeks in that particular class. After you jump up to the next level.

Last edited by Tattersail; 03-13-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Tattersail is offline   Reply With Quote