German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy barking non-stop during the day
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Drew Orleans

Default Puppy barking non-stop during the day

While we are gone at work out new puppy barks a ton. We thought it was for just a few minutes and then he quit (this is what happened when we listen in) but the neighbors claim he will go for hours. I get my brother to come over at lunch to walk and play with him but apparently it isn't helping a lot.

I decided to try the PB stuffed Kong today but after giving the puppy a little taste of PB last night, he woke up this morning with puffy eyes. I thought he was exhausted at first but they were still there some time later.

I guess I'll be trying cheese or almond butter instead now but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know...

To get this out of the way:
-We don't go to him when he is barking or whining, we make him calm down first.
-I play with him in the morning, then my wife does a couple hours later, then my brother does a couple hours later, then my wife does again after work about 3-4 hours later. We try to wear him out but maybe it's not enough. Although he sleeps his butt off during the time we are home. Go figure.
Drew Orleans is offline   Reply With Quote