German Shepherds Forum banner

North Dallas/Richardson, Texas

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tater2005 
#1 ·
The boyfriend and I were definitely wanting to put our male pup in obedience training when he's around the appropriate age but we're not sure where to look in the area or who even does a good job. We're noobs, so we don't know much about what a good price is, who good trainers are, etc. We live in Richardson, Texas and if anyone in the area or surrounding areas can recommend someone, it'd be awesome. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I strongly second What a Great Dog! in Frisco. I did a couple private sessions with Maureen (the owner) before going into group classes with Meaghan (I'm only halfway through Pet Manners 1).

The private sessions were great for working on things specific to Red and getting one on one time (and I must say I LOVE Maureen!!), while the group classes are wonderful for working around other dogs and teaching me how to work better with my little man.

They offer SO many classes and have a wide variety of things to look forward to after Pet Manners - agility, barn hunt, rally, etc. Their pricing is very reasonable and it'll definitely be worth the drive!

#7 ·
I just got a 4month old GSD from a Rescue Group and also looking for obedience training. 15yrs ago i took my old GSD to K9 University in Garland (Plano location also) and had great results, i am looking into doing it again for this pup.

I just signed up for this forum so cannot post a link, so google it, it is at Campbell and Jupiter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.