German Shepherds Forum banner

Winter hike pictures!

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Eiros 
#1 ·
Warden and I have been taking lots of winter hikes lately, and it's been lots of fun! We've been working really hard on his recall and off-leash commands, and these hikes are a great way for us to practice. So far, he's had 100% recall when I've decided to let him off leash. If we see someone coming, I call him to a heel and put the leash back on :) I'm proud of how far he's come in the last few months!

Anyways, here are some pics, hope you enjoy them!

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae German shepherd dog

Post-hike nap!

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Canidae Snow

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Fun pictures. I think the snow makes a perfect back drop to show off all his handsome features. Cant wait to see more of your winter hikes :D

#11 ·
How is he with the squirrels? We have been doing a lot of hiking in the woods this winter too. Its a great time to work on things. Ive called January off of deer and squirrels, Its great to see them resist the urge and come back. Looks like you have a lot of fun. Hes a handsome guy.

#12 ·
Got to put this to the test a couple times in the last week actually! His recall was 100% surprisingly enough... I was pretty surprised because when he dashes off at cheetah speed it definitely doesn't look like he's listening! Haha. If I couldn't call call him off a squirrel chase though, I wouldn't let him off leash honestly. Even if there's no people or dogs around, we have lots of wildlife.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.