German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a breeder, British Columbia... Bullinger Shepherds?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Messa

Send a message via Skype™ to Messa
Default Looking for a breeder, British Columbia... Bullinger Shepherds?

Hello! This is my first post on these forums, so bare with me. I have been lurking around for months and finally felt the need to post!

I am looking for my first German Shepherd Dog.
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I have taken a gander across the websites of all the kennels within driving distance that I could find, and researched into each breeders reputation to the best of my abilities. Currently, the most likely option seems to be Bullinger Shepherds .

First and foremost, and if nothing else, I want this dog as a companion. I want a dog that won't mind sitting next to me or at my feet and will always want to be close more than anything.

I am, however, very interested in the sport of Schutzhund/IPO and am considering taking part in this as well. It sounds like the dogs that participate in schutzhund, when the time and effort is put into them, are very stable and well-adjusted dogs.
This is something that I would give my right arm for! I am extremely interested in how precise and focused the obedience in schutzhund is, and the discipline that the dogs show during protection work amazes me. As far as I am aware, all of the dogs at Bullinger Shepherds have at least some titles in the sport.

All that being said, the purpose of this thread was to ask those of you who own or have owned a Bullinger dog, or know someone who does, what your overall thoughts on them have been.

- Dogs with sound temperament, good in most situations, trainable, loves to be close to/lay against their human, able to work?
- Has anyone had or heard of any significant problems with the dogs that come from Bullinger Shepherds? Behavioral in particular, but health-wise as well.
Everyone here is far more experienced with the breed than I am, obviously! So, given the dreams I have of who my next best friend could be, would a Bullinger dog be right for me? Companion for life first. Work second.

If not Bullinger Shepherds, do you have any other recommendations for a good breeder?

I've tried to keep this as short as possible but am definitely willing to provide more information.

Thank you very much in advance!
Messa is offline   Reply With Quote