German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Sometimes being a decoy is a thankless job and sometimes....
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
mycobraracr
Knighted Member

Default Sometimes being a decoy is a thankless job and sometimes....

Sometimes being a decoy is a thankless job and sometimes very rewarding. Besides the satisfaction of seeing the dogs you work improve and achieve their titles. I work my tail off for the dogs at my group. A lot of times I get too warn out to even work my own dogs or there isn't another decoy there to work my dogs. As a decoy we sometimes get yelled at or told we've done something wrong. It can be very frustrating at times. It is definately something you have to do for yourself because you love it and not something you do out of necessity.

I train at basically a "pay to play" type facility. Well, this last week my trainers bought all of us decoys new custom bite suits as a thank you for our hard work. We love being decoys and have been talking about buying new suits ourselves. The trainers decided we do a lot as it is and decided to buy them for us. It was very unexpected. I'm so lucky to be with a group that truly appreciates us.
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote