German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Vicious cycle?
Thread: Vicious cycle?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
RavenFolley

Default Vicious cycle?

Hi all, new here but after some advice for my bitch GSD who is almost 3 now. Just not sure where to start, all the problems we're having feels like a vicious cycle!

Raven is long-haired and full breed, as she's a bitch she's not a large GSD and has always been on the slim side.

I can't pinpoint when the problems started but it was over a year ago.

1). Ear infections - she has an ear infection in one or both ears almost constantly. For this she has ear wash and Surolan drops from the vet. I'm told this is a breed trait and there's nothing I can do apart from keep her ears as clean as possible and keep going with the drops ().

2). The vet has also told me that Raven is allergen sensitive. This came about after I took her in with itchy skin. She's scratching herself quite a lot and her flea and worm treatments are up to date so we ruled that out. He suggested Piriton anti allergy tablets three times a day. These make her very drowsy unfortunately. He also suggested dry food only a sensitive brand but this appears to have made no difference at all and see been on it for months now.

3). Because she's on just dry food which she isn't very interested in she's underweight too.

4). She seems quite susceptible to an upset stomach too which could all be related.

I want to put her back on meat to get her weight back up but need a decent sensitive brand?

Any advice on the above points would be great, thanks.

Folley

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
RavenFolley is offline   Reply With Quote