German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help!!! New puppy
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
shepgirl32

Default Help!!! New puppy

Hi all, I need some suggestions, Sunday, I got a German Shepherd pup eight weeks old. She has a lot of energy as most puppies do. Since she is only eight weeks old I'm not quite sure how much I should be exercising her. I'm in New York so everything here is covered in snow. I am able to walk her on the street so I've been doing about 5-10 minutes at a time about five times a day every day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how much I should be walking her, or any good inside chew toys that I can give her. She is chewing on anything that she can. I also heard a lot of horror stories about young dogs that run and jump too early in life. I got her a small Nyla bone which seems to occupy her for about five minutes. I read about thinking toys like a Kong or something like that. Also it's Friday already I have been with her 24/7 since Sunday. When would be a good time to start leaving her alone and how long should I be leaving her for? One more question. I have been reading a lot of posts on this website and have seen how important early socialization is. When should I start that? Thanks.
shepgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote