German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Loose leash walking, worth hiring a trainer?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
jjk454ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer11 View Post
if you are putting in the effort and not seeing the results you want then it is something you are doing wrong. if you dont see improvements then yeah a trainer would be a good idea. or you can try new ideas yourself because what you are doing right now isnt up to your standards.

constantly correcting the dog isnt going to help if he isnt crystal clear what you are wanting. you need to train him to understand. youtube michael ellis leash pressure. thats a good place to start.
Thanks, I've seen those videos, and he is perfect in a training situation. It's just that I don't know how to convert that to when we are actually out for a walk in the real world.

Those videos, the ones I've seen anyway, never show a dog walking ahead of you, it's always just getting the fog to follow you and turn. The trouble I have is when we're walking, he then knows we are heading this way and he is ready to go go go. All the videos seem to be a dog that doesn't know which way to head anyway, if that's the case then Hugo is perfectly fine in that situation.
jjk454ss is offline   Reply With Quote