German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Wellness Just for Puppy (Canned Food)?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
anitram

Question Wellness Just for Puppy (Canned Food)?

Our little Hans is 9 weeks old today. He's a tad on the skinny side, though I'd rather a thin than overweight pup.

I'd say he likes his kibble but doesn't LOVE it. He's very easily distracted while eating and will have maybe 2.5 cups a day, but you need to break it up into small meals. He also goes insane anytime I am cooking or we ar eating dinner and he can smell something that he thinks (rightly) tastes better. I really don't want to give him any table scraps so the key is not to start doing that when he's young. My vet friend suggested maybe supplementing with a bit of (good) canned food.

I looked for reviews of Wellness Just for Puppy online but could only find reviews of their dried food. The ingredients read well and he LOVES it. I mixed a tablespoon in with his kibble this evening and he was beside himself eating it. Continued to lick the bowl for like 10 mins after he was done.

Anyone else use this? Thoughts? I just bought one can for now and refrigerated the rest of it. Would like to see how his poop is over the next couple of days before committing to it.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote