Here's my story. I found a puppy with a breeder in OK. I called AKC as well as OK dept of Agriculture and confirmed this is a reputable breeder. Maverick was born on 1-27-2014 and I'm supposed to make final payment later this month, and he'll be shipped, flown out to me. I live in southern CA, and this will be what I'm sure will be an exhausting trip for the puppy.
My question is this. Should I wait until the dog is older before I put him through the process of shipping due to the Fear Imprint Period?
Any advice is welcomed and appreciated!