Starting to fee RAW - Please help.
I have been reading about feeding RAW for the past 2 weeks, and I started feeding Fynn (18 months old GSD, 80 pounds) the following on a daily basis:
1. Approx 3/4 pound of raw chicken breast
2. Approx 1/4 to a 1/2 pound of a ground beef mixture of muscle meat, organ meet (I got this from a local butcher who sells this for dogs.)
3. Approx 6 tablespoons of cooked blended Broccoli, carrots, celery, and parsnip.
4. A couple spritzer of salmon oil.
5. 1 Egg Yolk.
6. Every 2 days a tablespoon of pumpkin
7. Every couple of days a teaspoon of honey
8. 1/4 cup of Oatmeal (not cooked)
I feed half of this in the morning and half in the evening.
I am also planning on feeding cooked sweet potatoes. Maybe switching this with the oatmeal.
I also give him beef bones, buffalo bones, and turkey necks. I am just not sure how many of these I should fee a day/week.
Please let me know if that sounds right. Should I be getting any kind of supplements?