German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Older puppy won't let me do my chores
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brownhouse

Thank you for the responses. I have not done the laser light thing, but he's pretty good with fetching a ball in the basement, where we get most of our activity when it's zero degrees out. He'll do this almost non-stop. As for the place command, it sounds like it might be a good idea, I'll have to look more into that. The main concern here I think is, I need to get my stuff done, and I don't want to make him suffer by keeping him cooped up. I'd also like to spend more time together, AND get him used to my doing human things. But if this is normal puppy stuff, and if this is just how it's going to be for a while, he definitely doesn't MIND his crate, I'm afraid he might like it TOO much. He seems to get cranky at times, and at these times, he doesn't really want to lie down where I am and relax, he wants to go to the crate. (he doesn't have free roam of the house, I have a cat that he is too interested in, so we're usually physically separated from the crate)