German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Question about coat color (bicolor please comment)
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
DaniFani
Elite Member

I'd say bicolor. Looks a lot like my guy. I tried to include pics so you could see all angles lol. He has a tiny bit of tan on his chest (almost un-noticeable in pics unless I lighten them a lot). You can see he has a little tan in the fluff in his ears, and his thighs. His belly, face, back, is black as black can be. He used to have more white/tan on his chest, but now it's mostly gone. If I part the hair on the back of his head it's like this dark black/red color. It reminds me of the puppy fluff color and texture, so I'm wondering if he'll lose that in his next shed.

The attachment with the three adult dogs are his parents and uncle (top right is mother, top left is father, bottom right is uncle). You can see the uncle has that tiny bit of tan on his chest, almost indistinguishable. He also has the toe penciling (or skeleton paws as my husband calls them lol), leg penciling, and tar heels. I think my pup will retain the toe penciling, he'll be six months old this month and those "pencils" are really dark. We'll see, but my pup has that same face/stare as the uncle, I think he'll turn out a lot like him.

Hope that helps, it's easiest to look at the dogs in the pedigree, it'll give you a good idea of what to expect. My dog hasn't changed much at all color-wise, which I hear is pretty common with bicolors (little change).
Attached Thumbnails
Question about coat color (bicolor please comment)-yo-coffee.jpg   Question about coat color (bicolor please comment)-yos-family.jpg   Question about coat color (bicolor please comment)-img_20140207_174150.jpg   Question about coat color (bicolor please comment)-yo-belly.jpg   Question about coat color (bicolor please comment)-yo-side-coffee.jpg  

"An excess of size is an unserviceable feature for breeding, his powers of endurance, his speed and the smartness of his movements suffer in all circumstances. Giants are never nimble."-Creator of GSD
DaniFani is offline   Reply With Quote