German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New and worried GSD dad
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
savededa

Default New and worried GSD dad

We picked up Riley at about 11 weeks old and he already had his first round of shots. His litter was a rescue litter with a birthday of 11/29. He's now about 14 weeks old and only weighs in at about 14.2 pounds. His ears went down. I read that this was due to teething which I will patiently wait for them to go back up.

My primary concern though is his weight. We'll be going back to the vet tomorrow for his second round of shots, bit I figured I'd get some input from experienced owners. He eats well and stool seems "clean" but judging by videos and pictures I've seen of males his age he seems to be dwarfed in comparison to them. He's an excellent pup and already knows basic obedience I just want to make sure he's okay overall.

I've seen numbers of up to 30 pounds for his age which is double his current weight. Any input would be GREAtly appreciated. He was not the runt of the litter either. My sister in law adopted his sister. Who is slightly smaller and the vet said she was at a fine weight. I'm not sure what to think I just want the best for my little guy. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
New and worried GSD dad-_20140302_213114.jpg  
savededa is offline   Reply With Quote