German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Raw Diet, help? (moved to raw forum)
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlakeGsd

Default Raw Diet, help? (moved to raw forum)

Hi, I have a 1 year old that is 83 pounds and I just switched him to a raw diet about over a week ago. I had also switched to a new kibble called "canidae" which is suppose to have only 8 ingredients. I would feed him that in the morning and raw diet at night. Yesterday he turned down his kibble (Doesn't surprise me because ever since I brought him home he was on Blue Buffalo and we had to take him off because his body wasn't agreeing with it and would refuse to eat it, so we switched him to Natural Balance. He then turned that down after putting broth in it or anything that would entice him to eat. So, I started reading about raw diets and how they're so much better for them. I can't afford raw diet all the time, so I got the dog food Canidae since I read great things about the dog food, but it's happening where he turns it down and wont eat anything.) So I made him a chicken stew, cooked the chicken (without any bones), vegetables, and 1 egg. He wouldn't eat it, I took him outside and he had diarrhea along with eating grass. I gave him kaopectate and shortly after he ate. This morning he turned down his food again and wanted to eat grass. Gave him kaopectate again and shortly after he ate only a little bit of his food which was ground beef with some vegetables and barley. I put the rest away in the fridge for now. Do you think I should only feed him once a day? Or should I wait and see what happens since I took him off kibble totally and his body is trying to figure out whats going on? I'm all new to this so any information is great! Thank you.
BlakeGsd is offline   Reply With Quote